Sunday, February 17, 2008




I want to share my cream, I looked all over, it must be with no preservants, petrochemicals, and easy to do. You need 10 liquid oz of almond oil, 1 oz beeswax, 3 liquid oz of water phase. The oils, can be replaced with some avocado oil, or rosehip, I do like mine white, and almond oil, is so moisturizing to your skin. Water phase, any floral water, I use rose water, if it is difficult for you to find, use plain water, or an infusion of green tea, white tea, aloe vera gel...anything you like, I add some zinc oxide, for sunscreen, here the ozone layer is very thin. Some people add borax, not me, sometimes I add a multivitamin-mineral pill, those are ready to use for your skin cells, or/and a t (2 casules) of vit E, oily one.
In a double boiler melt the beeswax with the oils (if I add vit E and others, other oils can be expensive) take out of heat, add the water phase, and use your stick blendor (the one used for babies, cheap and so useful, I think 12-20 US$), let it rest while it comes just warm, then add the vitamins, if you want to, and some nice scent, essential oils, as rose, sandalwood, lavender, or fragance oils used in bakery, and chocolates, or the same place you buy the essential oils, just google.
While is still warm, I use a clean nice jar for keeping it, now mine is just almond oil, and scent of citrus flowers (sorry, the name is out of my mind), just 4-8 drops/30 gr of cream.
If you are going to camp, add citronella, geranium, that will keep bugs away.
Sorry to tell that kids below 2 yo, do not use essential oils, so add citronella to a candle.
For teens, they need also moisturizing, but they stay away of creams, thinking that pimples will appear, then do use tea tree oil, antiseptic.
Great gift, but not me, I use my cream daily, from my hair (great conditioner) to my toes, after I use the special stone for feets, add some lemon juice or cider vinegar if fungus itches. The same for all your body, armpits, hair if you have danroof, do not worrie, once it dries, the smell goes away.

Here some pics, the view from my window, me, and one soap batch, scent?, orange, ylang-ylang, and citrus flowers essential oils.
I bought a great fragance oil, "sex on the beach", I diluted 2% in almond oil, that is my parfum. Be careful, aromatherapy oils are diluted 2%, be sure to buy plain EO or FO.

No comments:

Post a Comment